Do Macs Last Longer than PCs?
Although it can’t be calculated exactly, MacBooks typically have a longer life expectancy than PC’s. Apple ensures that their products work together which allows them to run more efficiently throughout their lifetime. PCs are made from a variety of manufacturers and over time they might run into issues with compatibility and this ends up reducing their overall lifespan.
How Much is My Mac Worth?
Macbooks are some of the most popular Apple products. They are one of the best computers on the market that work for all kinds of professionals. Just like any other computer, there comes a time to trade it in for an upgrade. Before you begin this process, it is important to understand its trade-in value.
There are a variety of factors such as the model, specifications, processor specs, storage size, condition, and whether you want cash or store credit.
Why Macs Last So Long
Apple takes the time and effort to create high-quality products that last a long time. They have total control over every part of the production of a MacBook which ensures that all components of their products work together. MacBook systems are constantly being updated, and they have antivirus protection that is built into the operating system. Apple products also have brand-recognized technicians that concentrate on caring for and perfecting their products.
MacBooks are designed to sync with other Apple products like iPhones and iPads. Apple controls and follows its production process closely which means that its operating systems and apps are high-quality.
Apple updates their systems whenever they're ready, and they are constantly working through any issues that may arise to ensure that your system is running smoothly for as long as possible.
How to Make Your MacBook Last As Long As Possible
- Don’t fill up your hard drive. Your computer will run slower when your drive is full.
- If you have updates, run them. Updates are inconvenient and they typically come at bad times, but running updates ensures that your system continues to run properly and smoothly Empty the trash on the computer frequently.
- Consider purchasing a keyboard cover to keep your computer from dirt, crumbs, dust, or spills.
- If you travel with your MacBook, think about buying a case for the outside of your laptop to protect it against scratches.
- Routinely check your computer for any damaged files to avoid the possibility of corruption.
- Keep your desktop clean so it does not eat up your RAM and slow down your entire system.
- Don’t keep your MacBook plugged in all the time. By allowing your computer to drop to 5-10% before you charge it, you can preserve the battery.
- Keep your MacBook on a desk to keep it well-ventilated.
- Try not to drop your MacBook because this could lead to broken parts as well as a smashed hard drive.